You can send your staff shift or work reminder emails for work they are scheduled to work on in the future. The send shift reminder module is available for use via accessing the “Manage Jobs” drop down menu and clicking “Search Jobs”. On the “Search Jobs” page click the find shifts tab.On the “Find Shifts” page you will be able to search for shifts via a range of different criteria, search for the shifts you would like to send a shift reminder to bring up your search results. If staff are confirmed to work on a shift and the shift is in the future they will have a check-box next to their name available for selection. Check the check-box next to the staff name and then from the action tab select contact staff as per the below screen grab demonstrates.
Selecting contact staff will bring up the contact staff module as displayed in the below screen grab. The contact staff module has a variety of functions available to you such as:
- Select an email template you would like to send. There are a variety of pre-built email templates which can be edited and saved via the “System Settings” dropdown then selecting “Email Templates”
- Send sample email will allow you to send a sample of the email you are creating to a nominated email address, enter an email address into the field provided and click the send button
- Email Editor allows you to edit the content of the email
- Select groups allows you to select a contact group to send the email to. Groups can be created via the “Edit Attributes” drop down menu and selecting “Groups” staff can be assigned to groups via their staff profile
- Selected contacts or the email recipients will be displayed next to the send button, clicking “View Send List” will display all the email recipients with the possibility of removing unwanted recipients
To send a “Shift Reminder” email to the selected staff choose the “Shift Reminder” template and hit the send button.
Changing the “Shift Reminder” email template
To set up and customise your “Shift Reminder” email template go to the “System Settings” drop down and select “Email Templates”. Once on the email templates page ensure the “Shift Reminder” tab is selected, from here you can make amendments to the “Shift Reminder” email template as shown below.