You can create shifts in the system then invite your staff to apply to work on the shifts. To do this you check-box select the shifts you would like to invite your staff to apply for via the main create jobs screen.
To set up and customise your “Apply Shifts” email template go to the “System Settings” drop down and select “Email Templates”. Once on the email templates page ensure the “Apply For Shifts” tab is selected, from here you can make amendments to the “Apply For Shifts” email template as shown below.
To send your staff an “Apply For Shifts” email
The “Apply For Shifts” email is available for use via the main create jobs screen. To send an “Apply For Shifts” email check-box select the jobs you would like your staff to apply for, then from the “Actions Tab” select “Contact Staff” as shown below.
Selecting contact staff will bring up the contact staff module as displayed in the below screen grab. The contact staff module has a variety of functions available to you such as:
- Select an email template you would like to send. There are a variety of pre-built email templates which can be edited and saved via the “System Settings” dropdown then selecting “Email Templates”
- Send sample email will allow you to send a sample of the email you are creating to a nominated email address, enter an email address into the field provided and click the send button
- Email Editor allows you to edit the content of the email
- Select groups allows you to select a contact group to send the email to. Groups can be created via the “Edit Attributes” drop down menu and selecting “Groups” staff can be assigned to groups via their staff profile
- Selected contacts or the email recipients will be displayed next to the send button, clicking “View Send List” will display all the email recipients with the possibility of removing unwanted recipients
To send an “Apply For Shifts” email to a staff group choose the “Apply For Shifts” template, choose the contact group and hit the send button.